How to do it: Lie on your left side with your knees straight. Prop your upper body up on your left elbow and forearm. Raise your hips until your body forms a straight line from your ankles to your shoulders. Hold this position for 30 seconds. Turn around so that you’re lying on your right side and repeat.
So apparently iCloud was hacked and pretty much every female celebrity’s nudes were leaked. I’d like to remind my followers not to post them, because they’re supposed to be private, and just because some asshole leaked them doesn’t mean you should make it worse by spreading them around.
Don’t spread them around.
Don’t seek them out.
Don’t just ignore it if your friends are sharing these things. Call them out on their behavior and let them know exactly how disgusting their actions are.
Endorsing this leak, in any way, is unacceptable.
Lunge with Upper Body Rotation
Take a large step forward with your right foot, lowering into a deep lunge while simultaneously twisting your torso to the right. Hold for a moment, then push off your right foot to bring it back to meet the left. Repeat on the opposite side. That’s one rep.
Start standing. Bring the feet slightly wider than hip width apart and fold forward. Bend the knees and start to lace the right arm behind the right leg, bringing the shoulder under the knee. Rotate the arm so the palm of the hand is facing out and reach the back of the hand to the low back. Wrap the left arm around, reaching the left hand towards the right hand and binding the fingers. Place all of the weight into the left foot and start to straighten the left leg, as you come on to the tippy toe of the right foot. On an inhale, slowly come up to standing, keeping the bind. Pause and breathe, keeping the chest open and lifted, making sure not to round forward. For a deeper stretch, try to straighten the binded leg. Hold for 3 steady breaths, then switch sides.
Standard Moves presented by PUMA.
Weighted Sumo Squat
Set Up: Holding a single dumbbell or weight plate, stand with your feet wider than shoulder-width apart with your toes pointed out slightly. Extend your arms downward so the weight is between your legs.
Action: Keeping your back straight and chest lifted, bend your knees and lower into a deep squat until your quads are parallel to the ground. Keep your knees pointing towards your toes. Contract your glutes and raise back up, but do not fully straighten your legs. Lower back down and repeat for all reps.
Buffalo Tofu Wings from Oh My Veggies:
IngredientsCreamy Ranch Dip
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 teaspoons white miso
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped herbs (I like parsley and dill, but whatever you have on hand works!)
- Salt and pepper, to tasteBuffalo Tofu Wings
- 1 (14-ounce) package extra-firm tofu, frozen and thawed, then pressed for at least 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons Frank’s Red Hot SauceFor serving
- Celery sticks
InstructionsMake the ranch dip:
- Combine all ingredients through onion powder in the smallest bowl of a food processor or high speed blender. (Note that if you don’t have a high speed blender, you’ll want to soak the cashews for a few hours.) Blend until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides, and add more hot water if needed, a tablespoon at a time. Stir in the herbs and season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until the wings are done.Make the wings:
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the tofu into 6 slices, then cut each slice in half lengthwise so you have 12 sticks. Place the tofu sticks in a shallow dish and sprinkle them with cornstarch, salt and pepper. Gently roll them to coat—they’ll break easily, so be careful!
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place the tofu wings in the skillet and cook them on each side until lightly browned and crispy, 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Transfer the tofu to the baking sheet. In a small bowl, whisk together the hot sauce and coconut oil until the oil is fully incorporated. Drizzle the sauce onto the tofu and gently toss to coat. Bake for 10-15 minutes, turning over halfway through cooking time, until the tofu is crispy.
- Arrange the tofu wings on a plate with celery sticks. Serve with additional hot sauce, if desired, and ranch dressing.
Single Leg Stretch
- Sit in the center of your mat with your knees bent. Hug your right leg and pull it in to your chest with your inside hand on the knee and your outside hand on the ankle.
- Roll your back down to the mat, bringing the bent leg (right leg) with you; head and upper shoulders are off the mat. Then, extend your left leg out in front of you; let it hover above the mat at about a 45 degree angle or at an angle so your back stays flat on the mat.
- With elbows lifted; chin to chest; inhale. Then, exhale and switch legs, bringing the outside hand to the ankle and the inside hand to the knee (left leg). Stretch your right leg long; hovering above the mat at about a 45 degree angle; making sure your leg is in line with the center of your body.
- Repeat 8-10 sets. To finish, hug both knees in toward chest, put head and shoulders on mat.
- Scoop your belly at all times. Stay lifted (eyes on belly) and slide shoulders down away from ears.
- Remain still in your torso- not rocking your body from side to side when switching legs.
- Pay attention to the hand placement as it keeps your leg in proper alignment with your hip.
Modification: Rest your head on the mat when necessary. If you have a bad knee; hold the underside of the thigh. For a bad back; extend the straight leg to the ceiling. As your abdominal strength improves, you can begin to lower the leg.
This exercise targets the muscles of your glutes and hamstrings, which are key for a healthy back and stable knees.
How to do it: Place a band around both legs just below your knees. Lie on your side with your hips and knees bent 45 degrees, legs stacked. Keeping your feet in contact with each other, raise your upper knee as high as you can without moving your pelvis. Don’t allow your lower leg to move off the floor. Pause, then return to the starting position. Do 20 reps on one side and then repeat with the other leg on top.
I’m just amazed that Tumblr feminists are mad about the anti - rape nail polish.
Men are taught not to rape, but sadly men, well people overall, will still rape. People are taught not to steal or murder but people still steal and murder. So now we just have precautions to help lower our chances of being robbed or murder. Anti rape polish is the same way.
Tumblr Feminists who are against anti rape nail polish just want people to get raped so that they can tout their tumblr feminist agenda.
You people are disgusting.
"Anti-Rape" nail polish is great for women who frequently drink in public or who want to test their drinks. It’s a pretty decent way to detect a spiked glass. However, this doesn’t prevent rape. It doesn’t prevent assault. All it does is identify a roofie, which may be helpful in some situations, but is certainly not a solution to rape culture.
What about the majority of rape victims? Approximately 2/3 of assaults are committed by someone known to the victim, while 38% of rapists are a friend or acquaintance. How will this nail polish save someone from being coerced into sex? Or someone who is being frequently assaulted by a family member? Or someone who is taken advantage of by their spouse? Roofies account for a relatively small percentage of rapes. While it’s a wonderful way to potentially minimize their threat, it is not anti-rape by a long shot. Rape is enacted by a rapist, not by a drug.
And now, how much of this anti-rape responsibility should really be forced onto the victim? If someone’s drink is spiked, is it their fault that they didn’t detect that in time? Can we now expect judges and police officers to tell victims “Why weren’t you wearing anti-rape nail polish? Why didn’t you take precautions? You were lazy and actively engaged in risky behavior!” And that’s not far off from saying “This rape is your own fault.” Women already have so many responsibilities when it comes to “protecting themselves” and preventing rape (don’t walk alone at night, don’t dress provocatively, don’t flirt with men that you’re not going to sleep with, don’t drink too much, don’t smile at strangers, don’t ever leave your group, don’t go out at night), this is just adding to the pile: Don’t forget to wear your nail polish.
The fact of the matter is that it’s easier to invent products like this than it is to target the actual cause of rape: Rapists. Because yes, while men may be taught not to rape, people are not being taught what rape actually is. We are not taught about enthusiastic consent, about coercion, about date rape, about stalking, about in-explicit threats of violence, or even about the possibility of rape existing outside of PIV sex. Many men (and women) only view rape as a violent act that occurs between strangers, and this is a huge problem because it prevents people from analyzing their own behaviors and tactics when it comes to having sex. A substantial number of men actually agree with rape when the word “rape” isn’t used, and many of them freely admit to committing it. The word may leave a bad taste in their mouth, but many have no problem with the action itself.
Nail polish does not stop a rapist from assaulting their victim. All it does is give the victim one small tool to help them stay aware of their situation. Does it help in some cases? Absolutely. But is it a substantial solution that we should be praising from the heavens? Absolutely not.
No one should be raped. No one ever deserves that. Feminism is about ending this threat for everyone - That is exactly why we are going to be critical of every “anti-rape” step that is taken. If it doesn’t actually move us away from a rape culture, and if it continues to put the onus of responsibility (and guilt) upon the victim, then this is worth discussing.
We can do so much better.
Sit with legs crossed and back straight. Extend both arms out to the sides at shoulder height and slightly behind your body, and make “thumbs up” signs with hands. On inhale, roll thumbs forward toward the floor without lowering arms. Exhale and point thumbs straight up. Inahle again, pointing thumbs away and behind you. Exhale and point thumbs straight up. That’s 1 rep. Do 8 reps.
Though you need a little iodized halite in your diet to prevent goiters.
Day 28 of she’s got legs (Kasyapasana) -semi got my foot behind my head! It will get there one day👍
This is a simple yet super-effective exercise to target your glutes and hamstrings without risk of your quads taking over. By lifting your leg while holding the bridge, you’ll also activate your entire core.
How to do it: Lie faceup with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor, arms by your sides. Raise your hips so your body forms a straight line from your shoulders to your knees. Lift one knee to your chest, lower back to the start, and lift your other knee to your chest. Continue alternating until you’ve completed 10 reps on each leg, holding your hips high during the entire movement.
Never forget that the phrase “Skinny Bitch” was popularized by a 2005 diet book, published by Rory Freedman (a former modelling agent) and Kim Barnouin (a former model).
Skinny Bitch was created by skinny bitches who referred to themselves as skinny bitches and wanted to encourage other women to become skinny bitches too. It glorifies weightloss and diet culture, and implies that being skinny is the only way to “look fabulous.” One of their slogans is “Stop Being A Moron and Start Getting Skinny!”
So if you don’t like that phrase and if you find it insulting? Blame the people who taught our culture that this was a compliment. Because seriously, fuck those skinny bitches.
i mean i appreciate the response and going out of your way to post this again. we all know tumblr and how important it is to make a point right? look, i dont know what good it is to blame the people that made it insulting. if i find the phrase insulting im going to not use it, and be mad about the people who use it to degrade others, like in the fucking song. i dont care who made it “okay” to call someone a skinny bitch, stop continuing it. stop worshipping people who use it.
If you want to “stop continuing it. stop worshipping people who use it,” then why are fat women the only one’s who are consistently called out for using the phrase? Why has no one jumped down the throats of thin women who make a living by propagating the term?
Could it be that, even in a situation where people are talking about skinny shaming, they are simply using that as an excuse to further bash on fat folks?
Because really, let’s be honest here. This post is getting a lot of reblogs from people who are still upset about being called “skinny bitches,” but I have yet to see one of you stand up against the phrase “Stop Being A Moron and Start Getting Skinny!” I have yet to see one of you say anything along the lines of “They shouldn’t promote dieting like that, there’s nothing wrong with being fat.”
And that’s the problem. You’ll defend the thin women to the death and take great pains to ignore their actions (“no one in this generation is going to know about a diet book written in 2005!”) but the fat women who choose to use the phrase “skinny bitch” as a way of validating their own bodies? Ah yes, those are the people who totally deserve your anger.
Open Hip Stretch
- Sit on the floor with your legs in front of you.
- Bend your knees so they are slightly wider than your shoulders. Plant your feet slightly wider than your knees, with your toes pointing out to the sides.
- Lower your torso in between your knees, and place your hands on the floor. If you’re more flexible, place your forearms on the floor. Relax your shoulders away from your ears, and try not to let your feet slip away from your body.
- Stay here for 30 seconds, and then sit up to release.